Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

An Ice-top Bar, Great Conch and Massage Specials

I'm a fan of travelling, but known to not enjoy cruises so much. I think they're corny, the food is bad and don't get me started on the entertainment. Following my life itinerary to always travel every 3 months, this past Valentine's weekend, I boarded  +Celebrity Cruises (Century ship) and they managed to change my mind. 

Celebrity Century
On February 12th, two days before Cupid's holiday, I boarded the Celebrity Century destined for the Bahamas at 12:00PM. I had reserved a room with a balcony and decided to upgrade (carpe diem!) to concierge class. Well worth it. When I entered my room a bottle of champagne and three green apples (which were replenished daily) stood elegantly on my table with "EAT ME" written all over it, well, you know, figuratively speaking. As for the room itself? A more than comfy bed, enough space to still find your way around the room regardless of how many articles of clothing you have lying on the floor and a balcony wide enough to pace back and forth on trying to cool off after still not finding an outfit for the night (even with all the over packing you have done for a 4 day cruise).

Celebrity Century, Balcony

Celebrity Century, Concierge Class             

Champagne and Green Apples, Why Not?

Though I did enjoy most food served and obviously enjoyed the room upgrade, their ice-topped Martini Bar & Crushfirst of its kind, has a perfectly, deliciously concocted Martini menu and was what I most enjoyed aboard the ship. The experiences on the island, food included of course, was above all, my favorite part of this trip.

Strawberry Martini topped with mint/over ice- Martini Bar & Crush

Other Favorites:
Bahamas Sand
Real Bahamian Conch Fritters From The Naughty Pirate Bar (Public Beach)

        
                    Tuna Crudo aka Better Food Than Expected
Mandara Spa, Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
Bahamas Travel Tips:


  • If you are looking for things to do and you're a fan of massages, check out Mandara Spa's website, they seem to always be running specials. I got a 60 minute deep tissue massage for $99! That's $200 less than snorkeling with some dubious fishes and a whole lot more relaxing.
  • Don't buy anything from guys in taxi vans
  • $20 gets you all you can drink... of very bad liquor
  • Be safe. Go to The Naughty Pirate and buy your drinks. And your food (refer to voluptuous fried conch above). Extra plus? Free WiFi when you eat inside (password's on receipt)
I'd visit the Bahamas again just because it's easy, affordable and relaxing. Everything is stuck in chill mode and I'm OK with that.


Happy Travels, 
Forever Wanderluster







No comments:

Post a Comment