Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Love is Blind, Chef Morisi Brings Perspective

Being the food lover that I am and not caring about the 10 extra pounds that I'm packing these days, when I recently got invited by the fabulous Liza Santana (Creativas Group) to a social tasting at Love is Blind in Coral Gables, the answer was clear. Being a fan of the Passion Group (having previously dined at LIB's sister restaurant Dolores, But You Can Call Me Lolita) and already having Crazy About You and Love Is Blind on my radar, I was excited to see what the romantically named restaurant was all about.When I walked inside, I was floored. Every detail within the restaurant had me completely enamored.


Lamps & Quotes Light Up The Entrance
Nautical Wall Art
Romantic Details, Half-Burned Candle
As they walked us to the back of the house, I was curious about what wow factor they would have in store for us as most restaurants try to take it up a notch when hosting "foodies" (Cringes at word). Well, they did have one (well, many) and all I could say is touché LIB, touché.
Casual Family Style Table, Back of The House
Chicharrones (Fried Pork Chunks) Centerpieces
As we were introduced to the owners of the restaurant and man of the hour Chef Morisi, who recently came from Italy to change things up at LIB (I'm making the acronym happen, don't judge me), we were also served up with some serious medicine. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present: Dr. Mojito.

Dr. Mojito (shot of Midori in the seringe)
Dr. Mojito was accompanied by some very tasty appetizers. Two of which, blew my mind. Guess which ones?
Prosciutto Pesto Focaccia Zeppelin
Flash Fried Asparagus and Popcorn
Pringle Calamari with Aoili
After finishing our appetizers and respective instagram posts, Chef Fabio Morisi brought out some more delicious food and intriguing stories to go along with it. Feed your hunger below.


Grilled artichokes, tomatoes, rosemary, garlic and shrimp were delivered straight from the oven... on the same paper it was grilled on! Talk about authentic.

Truffle Ravioli with Ricotta in a Madeira Sauce
As if the above wasn't enough, we were served more pasta and a theatrical tale told by Chef Morisi himself.

Strozzapreti an enlongated form of Cavatelli
Strozzapreti: or "Priest Chokers" got its name from Glutton Priests eating too fast and choking.. sometimes to death
And Lastly, dessert! A combinaiton of chocolate, gummy bears, sourpatches, fudge, etc.




Wait for the ultimate smash:



And a little bit of goodness straight from the mixing bowl!



Our time at Love is Blind was absolutely wonderful and yes, I will speak for all. Chef Morisi's persona and culinary delights are worth my drive to Coral Gables. For all of you that live there, you're welcome.

Oh! Almost forgot, shots of me and some cool, food driven people:

Photo by LIB Staff/  Monika Zdziebkowska's Phone?
Liza SantanaRomina Nabhen and I

I hear brunch is coming up. So look out for that too... and the blog to follow ;)

Xoxo, 
Social Media Girl (Blinded by Love)


No comments:

Post a Comment